Sunday, June 9, 2013

Rounds - BBQ Chicken Burger and Fries

Rounds is basically a fast-casual version of Slaters 50/50 minus the bacon in the burger patty gimmick.  You can customize a burger with a bunch of wacky and crazy combinations.

Before I get to the food, I would like to note how uncomfortable the seating was here.  I don't think I saw a single chair with any back support.  While I, Tacographics do not have an ailing back, where I sat in particular was peculiar.  The space between the wall and my back was a good 2 feet. WTF IS THIS. IDK.

Getting on to the food, I ordered a BBQ Chicken sandwich (burger?) with lettuce, tomato, swiss, and bacon with a side of fries.

Bun - Sort of a modern, seedless bun that was superfluously oiled (gotta look shiny for all the inevitable instagram-ed burger shots!)  

Chicken - seasoned with herbs.  The seasoning was uneven and some bites of the chicken tasted like nothing.  The size of it overwhelmed the bun.

BBQ sauce - Sweet and a bit on the bold side, sorta like Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ (maybe it even was).  Considering Sweet Baby Ray's is awesome, this made the sandwich much better overall.

Swiss - Not bad, complemented the bbq sauce.

Lettuce/Tomato - average

Bacon - Above average.

Fries - My order overflowed my tray, I'm not sure if it was a normal order or not, but it was a ton. They were really good for a few minutes, but then quickly decided to turn into cardboard. 

I'll maybe try this place one more time, but for $10, I wasn't too impressed. 


Fat rating: 6.5/10

Salt rating: 8.5/10

Taste rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment