Saturday, April 30, 2011

El Loco - Hard Shell Taco

One of the few of my remaining places that I grew up on that I have yet to review.  El Loco is a place I've been to countless times - they have great white people mexican food.  Their tacos have almost always been awesome.  For a stint they were lower quality (greasy shell, dry meat), but they're back for real.

A hard shell taco is what you want to get here (fried shell filled with shredded beef, lettuce, cheese, and tomatoes). I almost always get a taco and tostada when I go (not today).  What I like about this place is the large amounts of everything in the tacos - they don't skimp on cheese or tomatoes. 

The shredded beef was tender and mild but not salty at all.  Like I said before, the ingredients are plentiful, but they're also fresh and delicious.  The fried shell was not too greasy, it's not exactly a light flake-y shell but it's not heavy either.  All I know is these tacos are bonafied Tacographics All-stars.  They may be a little bland for some, but they're near perfect for me.  

Another bad picture
Tacographics sincerely apologizes for not having a better camera and photography taking skills.

Here's a better pic from a couple years ago:


Fat rating: 5.5/10

Salt rating: 5/10

Taste rating: 9/10


No comments:

Post a Comment