Sunday, April 10, 2011

Puffy Taco - Carne Asada Puffy Taco Plate

If you have wondered, the picture on the front page that has made you hungry since Tacographics' inception is from this place.  Puffy motherfucking Taco.  It is definitely out of my DTZ (designated taco zone for those who have forgotten) but my dad wanted to go and I was bored as hell.

There is a standard fare of items here, but c'mon.  You go here for puffy tacos. Period, end of sentence.  They have picadillo beef, chicken, and carne asada ones.  The beef is meh, it's greasy.  The chicken is decent, but you want to get carne asada here.  It's good.  I would say it is probably my favorite - it has a slightly charred texture which contains the juices.  I'm guessing the meat is fried inside the corn tortilla in the puffy taco making process.

Anyway, Puffy Tacos rule.  A fried corn shell containing the meat, lettuce, tomatoes and red salsa.  I will say their salsa is too liquid-y and too onion-y -  both the green and red sauce. Other than that, goddamn.  I would eat here a lot more if it was closer.  The plate also comes with a hefty portion of beans, rice, and chips which are great.  I left full but still wanting more because it's just that good.


Fat rating: 8/10

Salt rating: 7/10

Taste rating: 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment