Monday, July 25, 2011

Poquito Mas – Dinner Plate with Steak

Back on Sunset Strip, this time about a half mile south of Frankie and Johnnie's Pizza.  I wish I knew this place existed before because it is a Baja Fresh-esque white people mexican food place within walking distance of all the venues I go to for shows.  Lesson learned – don’t take a couple years to check yelp for tacos in a certain area.


I got the dinner plate with steak. The general consensus on yelp was this place was pretty standard, but has an excellent salsa bar.  Definitely agree.  It had a lot of variety; if you can’t find a good salsa here then you got problems, man.  Some of the hot stuff:


Only one missing was a pineapple salsa, but oh well.  I got the mild versions of the pico de gallo and mild salsa (bottom left and center).  I mixed them together at one point and it was exellente.
Onto the meal:
Pros:

-          Corn tortillas were some of the best I’ve had:  fresh, thick, and soft. 
-          Salsa quality and quantity – I had about 3 ½ cups of the pico with my meal, delicious.



Neutral:

-         Rest of the ingredients – steak, guac, (free) chips, beans and rice were all decent/average
Cons:

-          No cheese included


Fat rating: 6.5/10 (w/ chips)

Salt rating: 7/10

Taste rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment