Saturday, March 3, 2012

Lazy Dog Cafe - Tex Mex Salad

By now, it's well established what Tacographics demands: fuckin' good tex-mex cuisine.  If you can't deliver, then Tacographics will not have any reason to purchase your sub-standard food once more.  Lazy Dog Cafe is on the border of being in this category.

I got the Tex Mex: chicken breast, black beans, jack, cheddar, avocado, corn, tomato, bbq &, peppercorn ranch, and tortilla strips.

It was boring.  Sure, it looked nice and tossed, but the fancy way it was presented didn't really have much effect on it being just meh.  There was an overwhelmingly dull ranch taste to the salad - I didn't really taste any "peppercorn".  There was very little bbq sauce, I would be interested in tasting more (in hindsight should have asked for some). 

Aside from the fact that this salad had everything I like in my tex mex, it was a disappointment taste wise.  I think one way to boost the taste would be to have some salsa instead of just plain ol' chopped tomatoes.      Lettuce was boring iceberg, and the rest of the ingredients were just a hodge-podge.  I will say that tortilla strips were a good touch.  Every salad needs crunch in one way or another. 



Fat rating: 5.5/10

Salt rating: 5.5/10

Taste rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment