Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Carl's Jr. - Six Dollar Western Cheese Burger and Criss Cut Fries

Hadn't had a Six Dollar Burger here in years, I got one with basically my favorite burger ingredients - meat, bacon, bbq sauce, and crispy onions (they were technically onion rings yeah same concept).  The only thing missing was cheddar because Carl's Jr. only has american cheese.  My synopsis of american cheese.

The burger was decent, definitely near the quality of some restaurant burgers but not quite.  It wasn't greasy but c'mon - the ingredients are still ALL either fatty or salty.  At about 1000 calories, this may be the single most calorically dense single item Tacographics has eaten.  The bacon flavor with a hint of bbq sauce (could've used a little more) and crunch from the onion rings made the burger patty a secondary flavor source and more for texture.




The criss-cut fries I've also hadn't had in a long time, and damn, they're ridiculous - basically a KFC potato wedge in a crunchier form.  With ketchup it was unfair, these were borderline awesome.  Overall, I couldn't eat all of them because the order was HUGE.  I'd definitely need someone to share them with if I ever decide to get them again. 

As a whole, this meal made me feel horrible the rest of the day - headache, dry-mouth, etc.  The sheer amount of fat and salt has set a new standard of fat-assery.  I try not to eat a whole day's worth of calories in one meal because I usually feel like I'm dying for hours. 


Fat rating: I need a cardiologist/10

Salt rating: 9.5/10

Taste rating: 8/10 (burger - 7/10, fries 9/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment