Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Dolphin Bay Cafe - Popcorn Chicken

Back the fuck up, Tacographics is getting ethnic on all your asses.  First Indian and now Taiwanese.  I was
dragged against my will whilst throwing several temper tantrums  brought here by my new friend who wanted to go for dinner after lunch at Rubio's.

When I first looked in the box, I thought "this is a lot of food".  The standard sticky rice was topped with some minced pork (which was salty but not bad, minced anything has better texture) and the fried chicken bites.  There was also a little of this nasty sour stuff on the side and basil.

 I am not a chef, but a spice on the dark meat chicken seemed to be paprika?  The main flavor was that with a thin peppery taste.  It's near impossible to screw up fried chicken and this was good, albeit greasy and msg-y.

The sides were green beans? with carrots, and sweet and sour pork?  The question marks indicate that Tacographics is confused and out of his comfort zone.  Anyway, I didn't mind the green beans and like carrots - they were cooked well and salted. The sweet and sour pork I didn't really like - I'm not a fan of sweet side dishes in general. 

Overall, this was very filling like Curry Up.  I got two meals out of it.


Fat rating: 8/10

Salt rating: 8.5/10

Taste rating: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment