Friday, June 24, 2011

Acapulco - Carnitas Fajitas

Finally got a pic of chips and salsa from here, even though it's a shitty pic:



From my previous Acapulco reviews, I've mentioned they are probably my favorite chips and salsa combination.  I've had better chips, but this salsa is probably my favorite hence it being my favorite combo.
As for the actual review, I got a promotional item called the Carnitas Fajitas.  I tried a little of them before and so hey, why not get them.  It came with a separate plate of charro beans and guac (which was more lime-y than usual)  The beans were better that the last time I've had them, mainly because there weren't many bits of chopped veggies or bacon fat. 


Finally, onto the entree.  A fajita skillet with a side of rice bottomed with a corn tortilla, a cheese enchilada, and the carnitas with veggies (fajita veggies can die).  The rice is solid, and the cheese enchilada was pretty basic.  Cheese enchiladas in general are meh, too much gooooooey

The carnitas were tender, not too juicy but not dry either.  Unlike most carnitas (as I've been told), these were not fried - they were probably slow cooked.  The main flavor was a salt and pepper seasoning (to be expected at a white people mexican place) - overall I enjoyed the shredded meat, adding it to some corn tortillas with some guac was typical Acapulco goodness.  Thumbs up.


Fat rating: 7.5/10

Salt rating: 9/10

Taste rating: 8.5/10
 

No comments:

Post a Comment