Sunday, August 21, 2011

El Loco - Tostada and Shredded Beef Street Taco

Stopped by El Loco because I was in the area.  Cannot believe I have not reviewed this tostada yet, it is one of my fave single food items of all time. TACOGRAPHICS HAS EATEN A LOT OF THESE IN HIS DAY.  This is the best fast food tostada I've had, if anyone can name a better one then TELL ME OR SOMETHING. 

It is bottomed by a fried corn shell with beans, avocado sauce, TOMATOES, shredded lettuce, and cheese.  I CAN EAT ONE OF THESE EVERYDAY BUT PROBABLY SHOULDN'T.  This tostada was definitely a main contributor as to why I have developed such a liking of mexican food  IT'S THE BEST.  IT TASTES SO GOOD AND HAS A LOT OF TEXTURES.  AS YOU CAN TELL I'M A PROFESSIONAL FOOD CRITIC.  SERIOUSLY THOUGH, THIS TOSTADA IS DELICIOUS.  ONLY ISSUE IS HOW MUCH OF A SLOB I LOOK LIKE EVERY TIME I EAT ONE, NAPKINS GODDAMN EVERYWHERE.



Fat rating: 6/10

Salt rating: 6/10

Taste rating: 9/10

 
A part of a brand new dollar menu, I opted for a street taco with shredded beef WITH NO ONIONS OR CILANTRO BECAUSE FUCK ONIONS AND CILANTRO I DON'T EVEN CARE.  

DOESN'T LOOK TOO APPETIZING, EH?  WHAT THE FUCK EVER.

 
Before I took a bite, I slammed on some pico de gallo (which is one of the better picos around town).  I had an idea of what to expect since I've had this shredded beef a bunch of times, but I never have recalled it being this moist.  It's really damn good.  There's a very seasoned taste, (probably msg, meh) overall really succulent. The meat was so juicy it saturated the tortillas - makin it a mess to eat (just like the tostada) BUT IT'S THE PRICE YOU PAY TO PLAY THE GAME.
SLAMMED WITH PICO DE GALLO

Fat rating: 3/10

Salt rating: 7/10

Taste rating: 8/10

  

No comments:

Post a Comment