Sunday, November 21, 2010

Chicken Strips and Fries MEGA REVIEW

Over the past month I've probably eaten more chicken strips than I have in the past two years.  I used to eat them all the time as a kid, and that's not something I'm happy about.  For this review I will compare Denny's, KFC, Arby's, Carl's Jr. Chicken Strips and fries.  Also I will mention the sauce used.

Denny's - $6 got me 3 strips and fries.  They're small hand-breaded (I think) tenders and are pretty (wait for it) generic.  Don't ask me why, but the Denny's doesn't have BBQ sauce for ANYTHING on the menu.  Goddamn bullshit, so I used ketchup.  The fries were ridged and had enough potato for them to be enjoyable, were also salted. 


Grease rating: 9/10

Salt rating: 8.5/10

Taste rating: 7.5/10

 
Arby's - Had these when I did my other Arby's review.  They are bigger compared to the competition, but seem to be pre-made strips.  As with Denny's, there is a slight peppery taste.  Arby's bbq sauce is dark and bold tasting, and complements the strips.  I already reviewed the curly fries, too lazy to talk about them again.



Grease rating: 8/10

Salt rating: 7.5/10

Taste rating: 7.5/10

KFC - Eating KFC is something I try not to do often, as it is deliciously horrible (the secret recipe is msg, just sayin').  The strips are plump hormone-infused, breaded chicken breasts.  They're delicious but greasy as fuck, same goes for the potato wedges.  The honey bbq sauce is decent but not the best honey bbq by a longshot.  



Grease rating: 10/10

Salt rating: 9/10

Taste rating: 8.5/10


Carl's Jr. - The newly advertised chicken tenders are definitely fuckin' tasty but they're small and pretty greasy.  The lack of peppery taste is made up for by the bbq sauce, which is thick and has a kick to it.  
The fries are boring, they have a little skin on them and are lightly salted but are too skinny to warant me eating them again.   



Grease rating: 8/10

Salt rating: 8/10

Taste rating: 8/10


 

No comments:

Post a Comment