Friday, January 14, 2011

Alerto's - Shredded Beef Tostada

It's been a long day, school, then went to the NAMM Convention and met someone who is pretty cool.  On the long journey from the parking structure to the Anaheim Convention Center I saw a food court.  It had the classic variety - pizza, chinese food, mexican food, smoothies, burgers, and beer.  Some say variety is the spice of life, and I would tend to agree with that statement.  However, this is motherfucking Tacographics.  It is already pre-determined which place I would be reviewing on the way back.

The salsa bar had a bunch of spicy sauces (most out of frame) and two mild ones.  They both looked generic (top right, bottom left) by themselves so I mixed them together BECAUSE I'M JUST FULL OF IDEAS.



So, the food... while most have just a bottom shell, this tostada had a top one too (not pictured).  The bottom layer of beans and cheese was as standard as it gets, the shredded beef was tender and had a little spice.  Lettuce and a bit of white cheese rounded out the thing, also standard fare.  Overall, yes, I would qualify this as average mexican cuisine.  Adding my concocted salsa mix turned out to be a good addition by the way.  I used the extra tostada shell for dipping.  I might go back here on Saturday and try a taco or something.




Fat rating: 6/10

Salt rating: 7/10

Taste rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment