Saturday, January 1, 2011

La Paloma - Carne Asada Taco Plate

I have been on a carne asada review spree lately, mostly due to the fact I've been on winter break and eating non-campus food.  This will probably be the last for awhile, as the closest thing to carne asada at school is Taco Bell......

Anyway, my parents treated me to another meal at a place I haven't been to in years.  It's about 20 minutes away in an area I've never driven to so I just rode in the back and listened to some tunes.

The place is old and kinda like, lacking in the lighting department.  Their menu is similar to Acapulco's, after ordering we got the chips and salsa.  Boring chips and the salsa was at least a medium on a hotness scale, meh.

As for the tacos, they were I guess on the average side as well.  There were a couple ultra fatty pieces and the steak itself had light marinade.  The corn tortillas were a little oily, which I could do with out.  The rice was actually pretty damn flavorful, just on the border of being too salty.  The tacos also came with generous portions of pico de gallo (a few green onions and peppers, but otherwise good), guacamole (reminded me of Taco Bell's, it was some artificial shit, not real avocado), and charro beans (pinto beans with onions, chiles, and bacon bits).

Faithful TACOGRAPHICS readers are aware of my hatred for onions, but chiles are also up there on my THINGS IN MY MEXICAN FOOD THAT CAN FOAD list. This review makes it sound like I had a bad experience, but overall it was still decent.  Adding the pico and guac (even though it was fake) to the shredded lettuce and cheese on the tacos made for some goodness.  Dipping the chips in the rice and beans also a nom combination.



Fat rating: 6/10

Salt rating: 7.5/10

Taste rating: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment