Wednesday, December 29, 2010

El Pollo Loco - Carne Asada Plate

Finally got around to trying this, the plate came with tortillas (I got corn), rice, beans (I got bbq black beans), lettuce, pico de gallo, and of course the STEAK.

The STEAK was void of grisel but was a tiny bit on the chewy side.  Definitely better than Baja Fresh's carne asada.  Overall, the flavor came from (I think) a citrus marinade and from being (I think) fire-grilled.

Speaking of grills, I've heard grilling takes off years of your life because you inhale carbon dioxide or something, kinda shitty.  I've also heard that the grill marks on food have a similar effect, they're not good for the body.  Don't know how valid these claims are, but meh.    BACK TO FOOD.

El Pollo Loco's rice is meh compared to competitiors, the bbq beans are a nice break from regular black beans, but as with the steak, seem to be a little on the salty side.  Lettuce was like Taco Bell's, iceberg and full of stems but tolerable, and the pico de gallo here is solid.


Fat rating: 5/10

Salt rating: 7.5/10

Taste rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment