Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Tacos Don Chente - Gordita

Yesterday I had gay-ass jury summons in Norwalk, which is easily out of my Designated Taco Zone (DTZ).  After getting out, I walked over to this taco place to try.  Even if it was the greatest mexican food ever I don't think I would be making any special trips.

The decor and glossy pictures of the food made it seem like an Americanized place, but the menu was in Spanish and I didn't undertstand the majority of it (had a bunch of terms I've never seen before.)  After scanning over the menu I decided on a carne asada gordita.

The salsa bar had an array of shit, I got the mild salsa (which was like Juan Pollo's but without carrots) and hot avocado sauce (which was like El Pollo Loco's).  



When I got my gordita I was a little surprised, I thought it would be in a taco shape but it was not.  It was carne asada with pico de gallo, lettuce, a dab of guac, and cojita cheese in between two fried double-thick corn tortillas, like a sandwich.

The shredded carne asada had a slight kick,  but I was disappointed with the pico de gallo.  It had peppers in it like Denny's pico, so there was a slight green pepper aftertaste at times.  The guacamole was not noticeable, and the cojita cheese was also...there.  As for the tortillas, they were really doughy/heavy.  The bottom one was greasy as fuck, but the top one wasn't which was puzzling.  If I have to go back to jury duty, I'll go back here, but get something else.


Fat rating: 6.5/10

Salt rating: 6.5/10

Taste rating: 5.5/10
 

No comments:

Post a Comment