Monday, December 6, 2010

Elephant Bar - 3 Course Meal

Have to wake up early tomorrow for my internship and have to study but I'm writing a review for a place I went today.  If you know me and have seen that pic of me with my family (the one where I look MAD AS HELL), it was taken at this place on my mom's b-day about six months ago. 

Onto the review, I got a 3 course meal that came with a standard salad (with low-fat ranch because I'm NOT obese).  It didn't even have croutons but I dealt with it, no pic taken.  The entree was crispy teriyaki chicken with no veggies (not a fan of peppers fuck them etc.),  and a huge side of brown rice.  A pet peeve is when people bawww how white meat chicken is "too dry" because it's lean meat, of course it's not going to be oozing with grease.  But in this case, the chicken was dry.  Dipping it in the teriyaki sauce solved the problem.  The  chicken without the sauce was slightly crisp with a light sweet marinade. The brown rice wasn't of the sticky variety but still acceptable. 


Fat rating: 2/10

Salt rating: 6.5/10

Taste rating: 6.5/10


Onto the third course, which was a brownie sundae with vanilla ice cream.  This was goddamn not-even-funny good.  My favorite dessert is definitely warm brownies with ice cream, and this was god-tier.  While the brownie wasn't that warm, it didn't matter.  Along with the vanilla ice cream and whipped cream, I devoured this in a couple minutes.  Oh, and there were oreo crumbs on it.


Fat rating: 6.5/10

Sugar rating: 8/10

Taste rating: 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment