Sunday, January 23, 2011

Denny's - Blueberry Waffleini

This is 2011. We live in an innovative technological age of wonder
and WAFFLE SANDWICHES.

One or two weeks ago Denny's unveiled 4 "waffleini's" to their already morbidly obese nightmare of a menu. Bacon Jack (which looks horrible - pepperjack, cheese, bacon, and egg), a ham and cheese one (also nasty), a banana caramel one (nah), and a blueberry one (aww, yeah).  All included with syrup.  What. the hell.



I was skeptical of this thing, I thought it would be a messy abomination with napkins everywhere.  I am not really a sweets person (hence the taco blog) but this waffle; this waffle sandwich beckoned.  It contained whipped cream, a strawberry glaze, and blueberries inside of two lightly buttered/panini grilled waffles.  When I got it I was surprised at how contained everything was (aside from a little glaze spillage).  Eating the thing was not really a hassle, it was actually just as easy as eating a regular panini -  especially since I didn't get any syrup (it was already a diabetic's nightmare without it).   

Taste wise, it had a dominant sweet and savory-ness but also present was a light buttery flavor.  I will not get this often (it is more of a dessert than an entree), but for what it is (an absolute 100% gimmick), I'll take it.  You can't go wrong with berries, cream and waffles all in one bite


Fat rating: 4/10

Sugar rating: 8.5/10

Taste rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment