Saturday, October 23, 2010

Denny's Chicken Panini and Sweet Potato Fries

Yes, another Denny's review.  There's even more to come because I eat there a lot.  If you know me you know why (and that's pretty much everyone?).  I haven't gotten the chicken panini in awhile so I got it with no mustard.  It's tomatoes, chicken, and that plastic swiss topped with bacon on potato bread.  It's then brushed with "Denny's Cooking oil" (I know all the secrets) and put on the grill for probably a few minutes.

What's weird is this is the only non-breakfast item with bacon on the whole menu, don't ask me why.  Jim "did you know if you sprinkled bacon bits on bacon you can travel back in time"  Gaffigan would be appalled.  If there's one thing I can't bitch about is the skimpy amount of it, I always did the same thing when I made bacon cheeseburgers.  As with anything, the bacon enhances the sandwich and even makes the cheese tolerable.  The thick potato bread is a nice touch, overall a lot of textures blending together for a decent, albeit sort of heavy sandwich (this is Denny's after all). 



Fat rating: 6/10

Salt rating: 6/10

Taste rating: 6.5/10


I got sweet potato fries as a side, looking back on my decision it didn't make too much sense. AS IF THE PANINI DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH POTATO AND GREASE IN THE BREAD HURRR. Not the worst decision I've ever made, though.  They're really good.  If you've never had them they're just as advertised: fries with slight sweetness to them. 




 Fat rating: 8/10

Salt rating 4/10

Taste rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment