Friday, October 15, 2010

Rubio's Steak Taco and Chicken Burrito Especial

Friday night, the best night of the week for a lot of people.  Out mingling with friends havin' a gooood time, doin' thangs.  While others are getting to-tal-ee way-sted, I'm in my room eatin food, watchin' Simpsons, and writing this.   I went to Rubio's and got a steak taco combo and a stea..I mean chicken burrito. I fuckin' ordered a steak burrito but this is what happens when you order take out, SHIT HAPPENS.  PISSED. OFF.

The steak tacos had a lot of steak, but also a lot of lettuce.  Just look at all this green shit on my tacos:
  
                                             THE HELL IS THIS A GODDAMN SALAD


So I took most of it off:
FUCKING LEAVES FOAD

MUCH FUCKING BETTER.  That looks 10x more delicious, they were pretty mmmmm.  The pico de gallo and guacamole added a good flavor to the already delicious carne asada.  This is probably the best carne asada I can think of, especially for an Americanized place.  You can't see it but there was a bit of cheese semi-melted on the side of the corn tortilla (they're also available in flour). The rice and beans they came with were solid. 


Fat rating: 5/10

Salt rating: 6/10

Taste rating: 9/10

Now, the chicken burrito especial, no sour cream and no chipotle sauce.  What's in it is black beans, rice, chicken, cheese, pico de gallo, and a little guacamole.  The thing about burritos is you can't tell how much of each ingredient is actually in the thing, it's a pure crapshoot.  It was a bitch to eat because it was falling a part.  Once I got burrito control on lockdown it was above average. As with the steak, Rubio's makes good grilled chicken, bonus points for the slight charredness.  The blend of the rest of the ingredients was fine and the burrito is a pretty good size.  I ate half of it and will eat the rest tomorrow.



Fat rating: 6/10

Salt rating: 7/10

Taste rating: 7/10
   

1 comment: