Saturday, October 2, 2010

Del Taco

After picking up my brother from school, we usually go over to Del Taco and get a shit-ton of food for cheap.  Today we split 3 Classic Tacos, 2 chicken soft tacos (no sauce), 2 crunchy tacos, and 2 soft tacos w/ beans instead of beef.  Grand total : $7.16. 

First, the classic tacos.  These are thee holy grail of americanized fast food tacos in terms of price, taste, and quanity.  Basically it's a regular taco w/ a lot more beef and cheese, and some tomatoes.  I LOVE this shit.  Probably the best way to spend a dollar I can think of. 


Fat rating: 7/10

Salt rating: 7/10

Taste rating: 8.5/10

 The regular tacos are discounted at 39 cents (usually they're 59) for that price I could probably eat here everyday if I wanted but nah.  They're nothing amazing but for the extra change I'd upgrade to CLASSIC


Fat rating: 5/10

Salt rating: 6/10

Taste rating: 5/10

Now onto the soft tacos.  The relatively newish thing I do now is get beans instead of beef at Taco Bell and Del Taco on soft tacos, the texture of beans w/ letttuce and cheese combined with the tortilla is pretty smooth.  I sound like that wideload Adam Richmond (I think I'll review the show Man vs. Food soon) but it's true.  For 39 cents hell yeah, I didn't get a picture of them but got a pic of the chicken tacos (which are 99 cents) since they look exactly the same. 


Fat rating: 3/10

Salt rating: 8/10

Taste rating: 6/10

I'm eating a chicken taco as I type this, they're always flavorful but not really something to get every time.  No sauce of course, cause sauce FUCKING SUCKS

No comments:

Post a Comment