Saturday, October 16, 2010

Denny's Western Burger

A common thing I've done and will continue to do is refer back to when I worked making burgers/sandwiches/wraps. I always made custom things not on the menu because restaurants tend to not make anything I like with every ingredient.  I say "no ----" a shit-ton, or "with ---- instead".  At Denny's I've gotten a Western burger with prime rib steak chunks instead of ground beef.  Why? Because you tell me with a straight face that hamburger is better than steak.  I DARE YOU.

Last week I got it with no veggies but never wrote a review:


And it was fuckin' good.  A1 sauce + steak is always a great combo, I hate onions but onions straws are the shit because, well, they're fried.  The swiss is probably the same fake plastic-y kind they use at Carls Jr.  Since it wasn't melted I took it off, saving an otherwise mouth-watering sandwich.

I got it earlier today and it was just as good, tender and relatively lean prime rib with a1 and onion straws. Eating this with a baked potato would probably be an all-around excellent meal, so I'll probably get it to-go sometime and just microwave a potato at home. 



Fat rating: 5/10

Salt rating: 7/10

Taste rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment