Saturday, February 26, 2011

Applebee's- Chicken Wonton Tacos and Asiago Steak

I went here for my birthday since my brother had dumb drumline practice so I had to find somewhere close.  Applebee's is like Chili's obviously, but for the one or two foreign readers, they're American chain restaurants. 

It was Happy Hour so I almost ordered mozzarella sticks before seeing these motherfuckers called wonton tacos.  Seeing as how this is TACOGRAPHICS, I ordered them in an instant.  Wontons - good.  Tacos - great.  Wonton Tacos?  Yes, they were delicious.  Filled mostly with grilled chicken, they were topped with some sort of cabbage mix (or it could have just been cole slaw).  Either way, I would get these again.  I ate most of them and shared the rest. The only thing bad about them was the obvious msg aftertaste. I will write a THINGS THAT CAN FOAD LIST soon enough.



Fat rating: 7/10

Salt rating: 8.5/10

Taste rating: 8.5/10

The asiago peppercorn steak dinner was one of the healthier options on the menu - you know that annoying under 550 calories menu commercial with the douchebag?  Shitty advertisement aside, I've gotten this before.  The main reason was to balance out the void of nutrition in the form of the wonton tacos.  I forgot how damn peppery the steak was, I was expecting pepper obviously, but shit.  Nothing a little A1 can't clean up. The red potatoes it came with were garlic-y and the broccoli was salted for flavor BECAUSE GOD FORBID ANY RESTAURANT NOT USE SALT ON SOMETHING. 



Fat rating: 4.5/10

Salt rating: 7/10

Taste rating: 5.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment