Thursday, February 17, 2011

Chili's - Chicken Enchilada Soup and Santa Fe Chicken Wrap with Loaded Mashed Potatoes

Maybe the longest Tacographics title in this blog's history - a review about my Chili's experience.  I've been going here for about 10 years.  My favorite thing here is the chicken enchilada soup, it's addicting.  I got a bowl with my entree -  it was watered down a little and didn't have enough chicken but was too busy devouring it to care. 

It was topped with cheese, crispy tortilla strips and pico de gallo.  I guess it tastes like a chicken enchilada in soup form?  I'm not really sure, I am sure it's salty - but when looking at nutrition facts it's not that bad in comparision to your average canned soup. What is surprising is the fat content, though (26g in a bowl FUUUCK).  Still, I love this soup, the best I've had (in my limited soup experience).



Fat rating: 7.5/10

Salt rating: 7.5/10

Taste rating: 9/10


I tried something new, I got a chicken wrap (no ranch).  I don't know what I was thinking, after the "Sante-Fe" disappointment that was the Rubio's BBQ Corn Nuts Taco. Meh, this was ok.  It had more quantity over quality.  The lettuce sucked ass, it was a sea of stems.  There was also some avocado, tortilla strips, corn, cheese, and tomatoes wrapped in a (I think) tomato-basil tortilla.  Very inconsistent wrap - one bite it would be mostly chicken and crunch from the tortilla strips, next it would be all avocado, etc.

Fat rating: 3.5/10 (no ranch)

Salt rating: 6/10

Taste rating: 5.5/10

I got loaded mashed potatoes as a side, creating a very odd pairing. Again, not sure my decision making was on par. I just didn't want fries and these mashed are definitely good. They try hard to not be instant-mashed potatoes with their texture and taste. There's even bits of skin mixed in so maybe they're actually real? The adding of cheese and chopped bacon significantly improved the potatoes (this is a given). I could've done without the green onions, which have no real reason to be there except for decor purposes. Overall a side-dish that I enjoy from Chili's. 


Fat rating: 7.5/10

Salt rating: 6/10

Taste rating: 6.5/10


The green gives the illusion that this is actually a healthy plate of food

No comments:

Post a Comment