Friday, February 11, 2011

Rubio's - BBQ Chicken Taco

Got this on Superb Owl Sunday before work.  Rubio's has excellent white people mexican food so my expectation was that this would be a potential Tacographics all-star.

The ingredients were in place, but to my chagrin, this taco was only a mere bench warmer.  The taco clearly had a santa-fe vibe.  From the rustic corn tortilla, to the corn, cilantro-lime tortilla strips, bbq grilled chicken and smokey honey bbq sauce - this sounded damn good on paper.

After waiting for awhile (note to self: do not eat at places that cater on the Superb Owl), I got my taco along with a chicken burrito.  My first bite:  I notice the flavor immediately.  It was a msg-bbq taste...  I was eating bbq alright...but not the bbq you'd expect.

The overwhelming crunch from the tortilla strips and the smokey honey bbq sauce had the EXACT taste and texture....  I was tasting.... BBQ Corn Nuts.  What the fuck.  Luckily the rest of the taco it wasn't as prevalent, but still.  The resonating view of this taco had already been set.


Fat rating: 3.5/10

Salt rating: 8/10

Taste rating: BBQ Corn Nuts/10
     

No comments:

Post a Comment