Thursday, February 3, 2011

Carl's Jr. - BBQ Chicken Tender Wrapper

Places like KFC have the Twister, McDonalds has snack-sized wraps, as does Wendys and BK (I think).  I've had them all in my life, and they range from meh to decent.  Carl's Jr. has joined the 21st century and created their own version in 3 flavors - honey mustard (nope), ranch (too fatty), and bbq.  Seeing as bbq sauce + fried chicken = god tier, I had decent expectations.   I guess I'll have to link to my chicken strips MEGA REVIEW once again, where I reviewed the strips found in this wrap (IT'S BASICALLY A TACO).

Compared to other places' shredded lettuce, this is the most "shreddy".  Still present were some ever-annoying stems. FUCK OFF STEMS, HAVING TO TAKE A FEW PRECIOUS SECONDS TO PICK YOU OUT OF MY TACOS IS SLIGHTLY ANNOYING.


My first of 3 wrappers, this one was relatively stem-free (thank you Jesus).
 

The cheese was a blend and added a tiny bit of flavor.  The main flavor came from the bbq sauce and chicken which were bold pepper-y.  All 3 of the "wrappers" I ate could have used a smidgeon more of bbq sauce but overall were already salty enough.  These white-people tacos overall exceeded my expectations, I just don't think I'll be eating 3 of them in one sitting again.  Maybe 2 with some beans and rice from the adjacent Taco Bell. 

 

Fat rating: 5/10

Salt rating: 8/10

Taste rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment