Saturday, March 12, 2011

El Pollo Loco - Chicken Taco Al Carbon and BRC Burrito

El Pollo Loco - more white-washed mexican food.  The taco al carbon is probably the most mexican thing you can get here.  As a white guy, I will not stand for this - so I did my white person duty and got no onions/cilantro, add lettuce. The lettuce reminds me of Taco Bell's, they might be from the same lettuce manufacturer even WHY AM I TALKING ABOUT THIS. 

I added medium salsa to the taco, the mild is too mushy.  Even for me, El Pollo Loco's salsa is laughably tame.  I sometimes mix the medium pico de gallo with the "hot" avocado sauce. 

The chicken is thigh meat and has decent citrus-marinaded flavor.  I wouldn't recommend eating this without salsa, very dry.


Fat rating: 2/10

Salt rating: 3.5/10 (5/10 with salsa)

Taste rating: 4/10 (5.5/10 with salsa)


 Onto the BRC, another one of the dollar menu items.  I was introduced to this in high school, where I was a picky dumbass.  I ate pepperoni pizza pretty much everyday, but once it was sold out and this club was selling BRC's for $2.  I liked it and have gotten them ever since.  They are a great compliment to the al carbon taco.  (Pinto) Beans, Rice, and Cheese in a flour tortilla = very filling for $1.

I would rather eat two or three of these over a Chipotle burrito.  The gooey tortilla is probably the best fast food one on the market, along with the decent beans.  The rice is meh but you can barely even taste it, it's mainly there for texture purposes.  With some chips and salsa (not pictured), this is some good eatin'.


Fat rating: 5/10

 Salt rating: 6.5/10

  Taste rating: 7/10  

No comments:

Post a Comment