Sunday, March 20, 2011

Rubio's - Grilled Steak Burrito Especial

Back to Rubio's once more.  If I waited I could have done a Burrito Showdown with  Chipotle's Steak Burrito but sorry, I'm not a Showdown Review machine.

While still big, this was slightly smaller than Chipotle, and about the same taste-wise.  The ingredients were similar - rice, black beans, cheese, pico de gallo - differences being Rubio's adds a little guacamole (mine was mostly buried at the bottom).  The one thing Chipotle could benefit from is what this Rubio's burrito had - a whole wheat tortilla. 

Pro - Slightly healthier

Con - Every time I remember to get it, the tortilla is ripped from failed wrapping.  As a result, burrito control is near impossible and ingredient spillage is a normal occurance.  GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER RUBIO'S, LITERALLY.

The steak wasn't as great as I remembered, and seemed a little skimpy.  I didn't have any problems with fatty pieces, though.  Chips were included, I'm not sure if the amount they gave was one or two servings, but I was surprised how much there were. 


Awesome picture, NOT. This is what happens when you use a camera-phone with no flash
SPARE ME THE HATE MAIL

Fat rating: 7.5/10 (9.5/10 w/ chips)

Salt rating: 9/10

Taste rating: 6.5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment